Take a look at the DermaFix top 5 age-preventative products that set the foundation for a healthy skin
What we wouldn’t all do to turn back time! In an age of perfectly photo-shopped images, overuse of Botox and the quest for perfection, young people believe the retouched images of celebrities seen in magazines are attainable, but in actuality, they are not. When it comes to ageing, there are a few key points to keep in mind with our top 5 age-preventative products;
The importance of Collagen and Elastin
Collagen – a protein which maintains skin firmness, gradually begins to deteriorate with age. The loss of collagen may contribute to wrinkles as skin sags and loses its youthful appearance. Elastin provides resiliency and the ‘spring’ and ‘snap’ effect to a younger skin.
Free radicals formed by cigarette smoke, bad diet(sugar), alcohol, air pollution and UVA/UVB exposure all contribute to the damage of collagen and elastin leading to a chemical change called cross linking. In addition, smoking hampers the body’s ability to make collagen thereby leading to premature signs of ageing. Cigarettes, combined with sun exposure, results in one being 10 times more likely to develop fine lines and wrinkles, compared to non-smokers of the same age who make a conscious effort to protect their skin and stay away from second hand smoke.
Protection from UVA/UVB exposure
In an attempt to stay young and to limit the signs of ageing, using a sunscreen that protects against both UVA/UVB radiation is essential. DermaFix Cosmeceutical Skin Care range consists of DermaFix DermaShield SPF 50 High UVA/UVB protection, providing water resistant capabilities, approved by the South African National Standards SANS 1557:2013, ISO 24444, ISO 24443 and, DermaFix DermaShield SPF40 offering an oil free formulation making use of Zinc Oxide, ideal for all skin types including oily and problematic skin care concerns. If one is exposed every day whilst driving a car, walking or playing sport protection is simply non-negotiable.
Anti-oxidants mop up Free Radicals
To achieve and maintain a radiant and youthful complexion, one should be making use of an effective anti-oxidant rich moisturiser daily. Products containing the scientifically proven active ingredients will minimise damage caused from environmental exposure, whilst evening out wrinkled skin and rebuilding collagen and speeding up cell turnover when used consistently. The skin returns to its original equilibrium in dealing with various problematic ageing concerns.
DermaFix Cosmeceutical Skin Care Top 5 age-preventative products;
- DermaFix Collagen Conformer – incorporates tetrapeptides, peptides and soy protein offering immediate tightening effects, reducing lines and wrinkles and accelerating the restructuring of the skin. When combining DermaFix Collagen Conformer with DermaFix DermaPeptide it relaxes the nasolabial folds, improving the appearance of expression lines.
- DermaFix DeCeLeRate– A super-smart peptide trilogy, Matrixyl®, Matrixyl® 3000 and Matrixyl® Synthé 6®, working synergistically with the skin to smooth lines and wrinkles whilst providing the skin with a youthfully, radiant and plumper appearance.
- DermaFix DNA Protection – Biofunctional telomere science for protection against cellular senescence. This active formulation can be used as a serum and applied under your DermaFix Moisturiser of choice or applied to target areas of concern such as the eye area, producing noticeable results.
- MD Prescriptives Vitamin A Propionate – supplies your skin with a healthy dose of Vitamin A, helping with vitalization of the skin and improving the appearance of wrinkles and dark spots. This lightweight formula is ideal for all skin types including dry, sensitive and acne. Also promotes firmness, elasticity and a brighter complexion over time. Best used at night only, MD Prescriptives Vitamin A Propionate reduces the skin regeneration time from 28 days to 10 to 15 days without the irritation noted in most Vitamin A formulations.
- DermaFix Ferulic + C + E – This scientific stable formulation provides the skin with a high dose of Vitamin C, long reputed as being a superior anti-oxidant, offering essential protection against free radicals. This high dose of Vitamin C further assists to prevent UV-induced hyperpigmentation, bringing with it skin lightening benefits. DermaFix Ferulic + C + E provides a potent barrier against the damaging effects of UV-radiation when applied under day protection.
For more information on the DermaFix Cosmeceutical Skin Care, visit www.dermafix.co.za or call us on 0861 28 23 23.