City living comes with its own sets of pro’s and con’s. Here is what we think about skin care in the city landscape.
On the one hand, city life offers better job opportunities, night life and excitement, but on the other hand traffic jams, crime and strife run rampant. City life also brings with it an exposure to pollution, which in turn can wreak havoc with our skin and makes skin care in the city a realy challenge. Our skin acts as a barrier for all kinds of pollutants including ultraviolet radiation and environmental air pollutants such as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, volatile organic compounds, oxides, particulate matter, ozone, and cigarette smoke to name a few. An over-exposure to pollution leads to an increase in free-radical damage which in turn breaks down collagen and elastin within the skin, contributing greatly to the premature formation of age-lines and wrinkles. In addition to environmental pollution, noise pollution affects our sleep patterns while the air we breathe is often impure and toxic.
This has a knock-on effect with our skin health. Many people work in concrete buildings with little exposure to natural light. This can lead to a lack of vitamin D, contributing to higher stress levels and exacerbating the risk of psoriasis and atopic dermatitis skin concerns. All this sounds quite negative, however looking on the bright side, DermaFix Cosmeceutical Skin Care is here to lend a helping hand. There are many ways to reduce the damage that is caused to our skin by living in a big city, and DermaFix offers various products helping to target oxidative stress on the skin.
Some products that can be used to maintain healthy skin whilst living in the city:
- DermaFix Gentle Cleansing Gel is a mild foaming cleanser that gently removes surface debris and impurities without stripping the skin’s protective barrier of vital moisture.
- DermaFix DermaPolish + Activated Charcoal is a detoxifying enzymatic exfoliator assisting in the removal of redundant skin cell build-up. The addition of Activated Charcoal assists to adsorb toxins and impurities, providing deep-cleansing benefits for a congested skin.
- DermaFix Ferulic +C+E offers advanced anti-oxidant protection with a concentrated dose of Vitamin C and E. The addition of Ferulic Acid further boosts the anti-oxidant benefit protecting the skin from free radical attack which could lead to premature ageing, skin damage and hyperpigmentation.
- DermaFix Dermal Repair is a skin barrier recovery serum. Containing essential amounts of Vitamin A, C and E along with other minerals, Dermal Repair works to restore and protect barrier integrity whilst preventing trans-epidermal water loss as a result of exposure to temperature changes, air conditioners and excessive sweating.
- DermaFix ACC Retinol + uses a patented technique, Cyclasphere™ obtained with the technology of encapsulation in microcapsules. This encapsulation allows for a slow release of Retinol into the skin, providing better bio-availability, improved efficacy, and a more gentle use than traditional Retinols. This formulation also includes Vitamin C, Hemp Seed Oil and Rambutan Lychee Leaf Extract, offering skin vitalisation through improved collagen and elastin production.
- DermaFix DermaShield SPF40/50 offers high UVA/UVB protection and is a daily essential used to safeguard the skin from the harmful effects of the sun end environmental exposure.
Pollution is a fact of life for most of us and sadly it isn’t going to get better anytime soon. Your skin health can be protected by using antioxidant-rich products applied to correctly cleansed skin thereby working as a free radical trap and preventing these from damaging your complexion. We may not be able to control the pollution but we can control how we look after our skin. We hope you found value in reading our skin care in the city article.