The LED Light therapy Masque (photomodulation-phototherapy) involves the use of a device that emits light of various wavelengths in order to stimulate or activate different responses within the skin. As the light varies in wavelength, so does the colour of the light emitted change according to the specific wavelength used.
LED light therapy works to increase the skin’s wound healing response due to the promotion of collagen and elastin synthesis. It further prevents breakouts due to its anti-bacterial benefits, promotes an even skin tone, reduces inflammation and erythema in a sensitised skin, and can be used together with any advanced facial protocol such as Microneedling, Laser, IPL and Chemical Peeling.
LED Light therapy provides the Skin Care Professional with a non-invasive, non-ablative treatment tool that delivers customisable results without any downtime. Furthermore the light emitted from the LED masque is non-thermal and does not contain any harmful UVA/UVB rays; therefore it does not negatively impact the skin.
Typical LED Light therapy devices include 3 main colour lights namely red, green and blue:
- Red light helps stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, thereby improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in the fight against ageing.
- Green light is ideal for an environmentally damaged skin as it stimulates nutrient uptake into the skin whilst assisting to brighten the skin through the inhibition of melanin production.
- Blue light is best used for calming acne as it promotes an anti-bacterial action on the p.acnes bacterium associated with pustular acne. Blue light further soothes inflammation helping to reduce acne lesion size.
The more advances, 7-colour LED Light therapy Masque has all three these colour modes, as well as four other colour options namely yellow, purple, light blue and white;
- Yellow light plays a supportive role of green light and as such promotes skin revitalisation as it increases nutrient exchange in the skin cells. It too improves hyperpigmentation and promotes lymphatic drainage whilst reducing inflammation.
- Purple light is a combination of both red and blue lights, and it best used for cellular repair as it promotes a wound healing response in the skin.
- Light blue is known to be the skin energizer as it encourages the production of ATP (adenosine triphosphate or cellular energy) and promotes cellular metabolism, thereby boosting the overall functioning of the skin.
- White light is an overall skin booster as it penetrates deeper into the skin and amplifies the effect of advanced protocols associated with fine lines, wrinkles, skin sagging and hyperpigmentation.
A 7-colour LED Masque offers the therapist a wider spectrum of skincare concerns that will benefit from the use of this in-clinic procedure. Over and above the benefits already mentioned, the LED Masque will further tone the complexion of the skin, increase moisture retention, and strengthen the capillary network. These benefits make this the perfect in-clinic add-on for any person concerned with Ageing, Hyperpigmentation and Acne.
As an alternative to facial use, the LED Masque may be positioned on the top and back of the head on a red-LED setting, working to encourage and strengthen hair growth and helping to combat thinning hair. Results will be noticed after 4 months of regular use. For best results, DermaFix Cosmeceutical Skin Care recommends 20 -minute treatment sessions, performed two to three times a week. Once you have obtained your results, a monthly maintenance treatment can be done.
For more information on the use of an LED Masque, or for details of DermaFix stockists utilising this in-clinic treatment tool, please contact us on 0861 28 23 23, or visit our website www.dermafix.co.za.