How to get rid of Acne?
Acne is inherited, although this varies in individual families, and can last until one’s late 30s if not controlled. Acne improvement can only be controlled – not cured, as it is a disease. There is a genetically inherited acne burn out time, but there is no getting rid of acne without serious medication and the toll must be evaluated in the long term.
Acne inflammation – ingesting iodine (Iodides) foods, whether in drugs, vitamin supplements or food. Once iodide enters the body, it mixes into the bloodstream and the excess is excreted through the oil glands. As it is excreted, it irritates the pores and causes acne flare ups. Iodide is especially irritating to the susceptible pores of acne-prone persons, but large amounts can induce acne in anyone. These eruptions become inflammatory very quickly.
Learning to recognise hidden sources of iodine in your food is essential. The acne sufferer needs to be vigilant and should re-evaluate their diet if they have a tendency of consuming a lot of milk, beef and/or liver. Salt can also contain an overload of iodide and Kelp contains excessive amounts of it.
Picking skin with acne
Be sure to call upon the services of Skin Care Professionals at Medi-Clinics for authorised picking, as they are trained to deal with it specifically. Picking at home can cause greater inflammation and potentially deeper scarring. Internal medication is Zinc Tablets which help to reduce inflammation 100mg daily to be advised by the medical professional involved with your routine.
Professional acne treatment
Acne improvement is remarkable in many patients who are treated with inflammatory pustular and comedonal acne, if treated by a Skin Care Professional trained in the removal of the various lesions.
Stages of early acne lesions grading system:
- Grade 1: microcomedones and comedones, also referred to as non-inflammatory whitehead and blackhead acne lesions.
- Grade 2: inflammatory bumps or lesions called papules.
- Grade 3: pustules, which havemore visible inflammation than the papule.
These three grades of acne can be controlled with products which have been proven to be effective.
If the acne is beyond Grade 3, then medical intervention is advised.
3 key Ingredients for DermaFix’s MD Prescriptives Acne Solutions:
- Niacinamide Acne Solutions helps to target the treatment of acne by acting as an anti-inflammatory. This anti-inflammatory action assists to reduce redness, irritation and dryness. Niacinamide has a keratolytic action (softens and sheds the outer layer of the skin) and supresses the amount of oil or sebum that the glands secrete, thereby reducing the formation of blackheads, whiteheads and clogged pores.
- Raspberry and blackcurrant leaf extract uses the combination of the organic pressed juice from the leaves of the blackcurrant (ribes nigrum) and raspberry (rubus idaeus) bushes to fight against sebum oxidation, this oxidation is responsible for the decrease in the oxygen rate that induces bacterial proliferation of Propionibacterium acnes (an anaerobic bacteria) . It is rich in polyphenols, molecules, which are well-known for their anti-oxidising, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
- Mandelic Acid
DermaFix MD Prescriptives Regimen to control up to Grade 3 acne as follows:
In the morning:
Cleanse face with the MD Prescriptives Mandelic Cleanser and complete the facial cleansing with the Mandelic Toner. Apply the MD Prescriptives Acne Solutions as your day moisturiser.
In the evening:
Repeat the cleansing procedure with the Mandelic Cleanser and Mandelic Toner products. Apply MD Prescriptives Vitamin A Propionate to the clean toned skin and leave it on overnight. This product must not be used in the day time, unless it is kept strictly out of the sun. DermaShield SPF 45 oil free zinc sunscreen can also be applied over the MD Prescriptives Acne Solutions.