DermaFix Man provides effective skin care for all skin types through our range of products and solutions for today’s modern man. Due to the DermaFix products having a multi-functional capacity the modern man is able to tailor-make a skin care routine with only a few skin care products whilst still offering visible results.
Repair Skin Integrity
Introduction to DermaFix Man
Looking and feeling presentable goes a long way increasing ones confidence whether it be a business meeting or in a personal capacity. Age is against us, science isn’t!
Common Skin conditions that men can suffer from;
- Pseudofolliculitis barbae- Scarring, Shaving bumps and Barbers Itch
- Folliculitis barbae- Viral or Bacterial infections
- Pseudofollicultis nuchae- Keloid-like bumps on the back of the neck
The above concerns can be avoided by the use of the correct skin care products and adhering to the below suggested protocols;
- Shaving must be cut down to a minimum only using a single blade razor and shave with the hair growth, not against it.
- Close shaving is not recommended. Shaving too closely is the problem as the hair cannot escape from the follicle and an eruption manifests which is painful, itchy and unsightly. Due to this it is recommended to use a dull blade on your razor.
- Ensure to rinse your shaving blade regularly to prevent bacteria from manifesting on the blade itself.
- It is recommended to shave after showering as the heat from the water softens the hair follicle minimising drag on the skin.
Skin cleansing routine morning and evening
Double cleanse the skin with DermaFix Gentle Cleansing Gel. Exfoliate daily with DermaFix DermaPolish, a gentle enzyme exfoliator assisting with the removal of dark redundant skin cells and preventing the formation of ingrown hairs.
Skin care routine
Apply DermaFix Vitamin B Cream after shaving to assist with the prevention of inflammation related to shaving, commonly known as shaving rash. Follow by the application of DermaFix PowerDerm, an anti-ageing moisturiser helping to increase epidermal regeneration.
Protect your skin from the sun’s harmful UVA/UVB rays with DermaShield SPF45/50 High Protection UVA/UVB sunscreen. DermaFix DermaShield SPF50 meets the South African National Standards SANS 1557:2013.
Optional: for the prevention of ingrown hairs you can apply DermaFix DermaBright to the area of concern. For the treatment of existing ingrown hairs and the prevention of infection apply DermaFix Mattifying Pore Minimizer to the ingrown hair and leave on the skin for 10-20minutes. DermaFix MT Microneedling homecare treatments can be incorporated into your routine for the improvement of post scarring related to Pseudofolliculitis barbae and Folliculitis barbae.
DermaFix Shaving Tip: DermaFix Gentle Cleansing Gel can be foamed up and used as a shaving medium in place of your existing shaving foam/gel.